We experienced Magic Kingdom on Friday, April 24, 2015 and had an amazing yet exhausting day! The park felt very crowded but it was manageable. We didn’t hit everything but we made quite a dent. I highly recommend being familiar with the layout of the park before you arrive and having a plan of attack. You don’t want to spend the whole day with your head in the map and the stress of where to go next. Our day is detailed below so feel free to mimic our journey!
This plan provides a general flow for the day and was our initial plan of attack. Work through the lands in the order provided below hitting the rides that suit your family the best.
Rides Not to Miss: Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Peter Pan’s Flight, Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Liberty Square
Rides Not to Miss: Haunted Mansion
Rides Not to Miss: Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Rides Not to Miss: Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Swiss Family Treehouse
Rides Not to Miss: Space Mountain, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor
- Evening Parade and Fireworks
Get a spot for the parade an hour in advance – it will fill up fast!
Detailed Step-by-Step Plan:
This is the actual order of our day at Magic Kingdom. It follows the relaxed plan above but provides ride-by-ride steps.
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (9:15 a.m., 40 minute wait)
This is the hottest ticket at Magic Kingdom right now so get the park before it opens and head straight back to Fantasyland.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (10:00 a.m., 10 minute wait)
- Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid (10:20 a.m., 10 minute wait)
- It’s a Small World (10:40 a.m., 10 minute wait)
- Peter Plan’s Flight (11:00 a.m., FastPass 10:40 a.m. – 11:40 a.m.)
- Lunch at Crystal Palace with Winne the Pooh and Friends! (Reservations at 11:35 a.m.)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (1:10 p.m., FastPass 12:25 p.m. – 1:25 p.m.)
- Splash Mountain (1:40 p.m., FastPass 1:45 p.m. – 2:45 .pm.)
You generally have a 15 minute window before or after your actual FastPass times.
- Pirates of the Caribbean (2:15 p.m., 25 minute wait)
- FastPass Kiosk
Tried for Space Mountain but none were available so got FP for Tomorrowland Speedway
- Swiss Family Treehouse (3:00 p.m., No wait time)
- Princess Fairytale Hall – Meet Anna and Elsa (3:30 p.m., 45 minute wait)
The wait time was listed as 75 minutes but it went much quicker!
- Mickey’s PhilarMagic (4:30 p.m., 15 minute wait)
- Tomorrowland Speedway (5:15 p.m., FastPass 4:50 p.m. – 5:50 p.m.)
- Dinner at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café (5:30 p.m.)
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor (6:20 p.m., 15 minute wait)
- Space Mountain (7:00 p.m., 75 minute wait)
This ride was shut-down when we arrived in Tomorrowland so when it opened back up the line was insane! However, this was a must-ride for our girls so we waited….and waited.
- Main Street Electric Parade (9:00 p.m.)
Note that we had Grandparents holding a spot for us – we just made it in time!
- Wishes Nighttime Spectacular (10:00 p.m.)
- Leave Park – got to our car around 10:45 p.m.
Rides We Missed Out On:
- Haunted Mansion
- Space Ranger Spin
- People Mover
- Jungle Cruise – closed that day
Rides We Wish We Had Missed Out On:
- Tomorrowland Speedway
I hope reading through our experience helps you to visualize a typical day at Magic Kingdom. Have fun!